WOO HOO!

I started this blog to get to know other gardeners and track my own garden's progrss. It is a wonderful way to honor the stewardship I have over my plot of ground I have been blessed with. Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, October 24, 2008

Over Wintering Purple Fountain Grass

Pictures above taken Oct1, 2008 - all my plants are looking pretty tired. In the wine barrel is a picture of the purple fountain grass I am trying to over winter.
I have to share this. I have tried to overwinter this grass for years and decided to give it one more try. I read that the grass likes a tropicla enviroment. So I thought maybe if I put a plastic bag over it, it will help. So I chopped it off to about 2 inches, watered it. put it in my south basement window (about 65*) and added a bag. It has been down there for 3 weeks and I have watered it once a week. When I checked it, it has new growth and looks great! I am so excited. Maybe I have finally found the secret.

1 comment:

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

Mrs. Buckets of IDEAS,
I am loving your blogs. What state do you live in? I am loving all the ideas for the gardening. Do you do a winter garden? Hugs, Bobbi Jo

Click on OLDER POSTS to see more gardening posts