WOO HOO!

I started this blog to get to know other gardeners and track my own garden's progrss. It is a wonderful way to honor the stewardship I have over my plot of ground I have been blessed with. Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, July 22, 2011

Flowers, Fruit and Fun in the Greenhouse!

Linking Up Today With 
Be sure and check out all the other gardeners from all over the world - way cool!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FLOWERS
Because of the cold spring we have had we are about a month behind on our flowers and  other plants.   My flowers are finally starting to bloom. Here are a few of them:                         





FRUIT
I was outside working and I have raspberries all  over my plants!  This is a big deal as I have tried to grow raspberries several times and failed miserable - my little patch is happy, healthy and    nearly ready for harvest.  YIPPEE   We planted them and put about 6 inches of barkchips all around them.  I think that was the ticket for them - they like acid soil and the bark chips help with that.        

I  checked my grapevines and there are the cutest little clusters of grapes all over them...they are  so great!

Our apple tree's are covered in apples, the apricot tree has apricots and the cherry's are almost ready to turn red.

 - I feel like "THE FARMER IN THE DELL!

FUN in the Greenhouse.
We  are getting things set up inside.  Here is a picture of our progress as of last night.


When we are done we will have 8 feet of propagating area at the front of the greenhouse. We will add shelves, a table and garbage can's for dirt and fertilizer. Then there will be 6 raised boxes in the front to hold the small veggies and herbs. Then behind there is an open area that will be for bigger plants, small tree's etc. We are adding a few fences to the right side for vertical gardening. On the left side will be a small pond that will be used for propagating water plants and a nursery for plants that need some TLC. On the outside of the greenhouse to the right will be a compost bin for close use in the greenhouse.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for stopping by -  Stay Cool!
Today I am grateful for the sunshine and the summer weather - of course we are in Idaho and it is low  80"s  - I know some of you have major heat going on - take care of yourselves!

9 comments:

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Hi, I'm visiting from Fishtail Cottage. What a huge greenhouse, you're going to have fun using it!
We're in the 90's here in Ontario and no rain for weeks, supposed to get some next week - I hope!
Have a great weekend.

Dorothy-Life With Boys said...

I'm a bit green over your lovely greenhouse!!!! How exciting! I'm your newest follower =)

Sunray Gardens said...

Lovely gardens and blooms. Thanks for stopping by and I am your new follower. Would love for you to stop back by and follow.
Cher Sunray Gardens

Anonymous said...

Nice job on the greenhouse. I've been busy on other things here but am thinking of putting one up also. Appreciate you stopping by and am following now and would appreciate it if you would like to also.
Ohio Outdoors

Jean Campbell said...

I always love peeks into someone else's greenhouse. You all have really been busy.

I'm setting mine up only in my mind, too hot inside right now. The cat goes out and sits in it before the sun comes up; he loves it too.

GRACE PETERSON said...

Everything looks great!

Tootsie said...

your blooms are gorgeous!
I thank you so much for linking in this week. It is an honor to host Friday's Flaunt and meet new friends and visit the regulars (who are like old friends) who share. I am always excited to tour each post and see the different flowers/ projects and garden art that everyone flaunts. It is a pleasure to tour and see all the gorgeous blooms...and I appreciate each and every link and comment! I hope you will link in again soon!
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´Glenda/Tootsie
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.

deb said...

Looking great!!
Have a great weekend
*hugs*deb

Betty said...

Paula, everything looks so great! I love those perenial bachalor buttons!
The green house is huge! Looks like a your families hard work is paying up. Your blog is great! Betty

Click on OLDER POSTS to see more gardening posts