WOO HOO!

I started this blog to get to know other gardeners and track my own garden's progrss. It is a wonderful way to honor the stewardship I have over my plot of ground I have been blessed with. Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, April 26, 2013

Project #3 - Play Yard

The play yard took a beating last summer.  We have 10 g-kids 4 and under and it gets used a lot!  I started cleaning up this week.  I moved the fence back about 4 feet and that meant I had to move the tire mountain - I am so glad I did - it looks soooo much better!  I still have lots to do with it but right now my focus is on getting things cleaned up.
I will add more fun stuff as the spring/summer goes on.

 This is how it looked last Saturday whe we had our last snow fall.
 I moved back the front fence and it was right next to the tire mountain so I had to move that back about a foot
  Rearranging things - in the back ground you can see the bistro patio and my cullinary herb garden cleaned out.  

 This is the whole mess I made today!
 This is the little play house my dad made for our kids years ago.  The dirt in the little flower bed had sunk so I took the dirt that was in the tires and filled it back.  It will be much happier now.
 Here it is rebuilt - now I need to add more bark chips and fill things back in.
This is the front edge, with the bricks all put back in place - the make a great edging for the lawnmower to mow right over.  The little space between them and the fence are a nice little flower area.

Thanks for stopping by!
Today I am thankful for the sun shine and pleasant warm temperatures - truly a blessing for an Idaho girl!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

This is so fun!

Do you have problems with water collecting in the tires & drawing mosquitoes?

Tootsie said...

what lucky kids!!! I think it looks wonderful now!
I am so happy that I had some time to pop over here today and see what you shared! It is great to finally be able to flaunt some of my own spring blessings and get inspired by some of the best gardens online!
Thank you so much for joining in on my little party this week! I hope to see you again soon! Have a great weekend!
Your post today has been shared to the Tootsie Time Facebook page!

(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´Glenda/Tootsie
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.

Dirt Princess said...

Soooo cute! Love it

Click on OLDER POSTS to see more gardening posts