WOO HOO!

I started this blog to get to know other gardeners and track my own garden's progrss. It is a wonderful way to honor the stewardship I have over my plot of ground I have been blessed with. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Cuttiing Garden Before and After

Cutting Garden Area - Before and After

This area against the house had huge juniper bushes. I don't have a great picture of what they were like before. Our daughter painted the house the spring of 2003 and the picture is taken then. We had a hard time keeping out the grass and spiders, which also meant we had spiders in the basement.

We took out the junipers in the summer of 2003 and put in the cutting garden. Most of the plants came from people who were thinning out their flower beds, so they mean alot to me.

I love this garden, I can see it through our daylight basement windows and it is beautiful. Every plant is a perennial for our area. It changes week to week from bulbs in the spring to asters and mums in the fall. I think I will try and take a picture every couple of weeks this summer.

I couldn't get my scanner to work so I had to use my digital camera to take the pictures of before. So they aren't really clear. My apologies.

Summer 2003

Cleaned Out - We planted things in the fall of 2003
This is the summer of 2004 This is the spring of 2007

2 comments:

Carla said...

thank you so much for taking time to post these, we are starting fresh here, and I have gained many doable ideas from your site today!!

Corner Gardener Sue said...

I enjoyed looking at your garden before and after posts and pics.

Thanks for your comments on my blog.

Click on OLDER POSTS to see more gardening posts