WOO HOO!

I started this blog to get to know other gardeners and track my own garden's progrss. It is a wonderful way to honor the stewardship I have over my plot of ground I have been blessed with. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I Raked - 6 Feet At A Time

Thanks to Jean at for hosting Blooming Tuesday. I love this day to look at everyone's gardens and how they are growing and share in this carnival. Check out this link to see other participants http://msgreenthumbjean.blogspot.com/

Though I stil have snow in piles in the shade, I have a few spots that have been in the sun and things are coming up! I raked one side of our side yard area and raked all the leaves backa nd there are hundreds of green things coming up! It is cold again today but supposed to warm up the end of the week so I will rake some more.

Here is my picture of Saturday. Along the fence area we are going to get some rock up in the mountins about 30 mins from here and make a raised bed. It needs some height and more texture. We also want to add some lattice to the dividing fence where there are just frames right now you can see.
This picture is last summer of the same area.
This is looking at it from the other direction.
This garden area is a favorite of ours. It is right out the sliding door of our living room. You can see the pond in the corner and in thesummer, it is amazing out there. It is a shade garden and there are hundreds of shade plants.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

6 Feet at A Time
I have a friend who has a beautiful yard and works full time, is a duitiful grandmother, contributes to the community and her church. I asked her how did she keep up? She told me she works 6 feet at a time. She has a measuring stick that is 6 feet long and lays it down. She does that 6 feet. If she has time she does another 6 feet, if not she starts on it the next day.

7 comments:

Carla said...

6ft at a time? I love it! Don't you love pulling back the covers and having life peeping out at you? Your garden is heavenly:)

Unknown said...

Just gorgeous all of your photos from last year. You raised bed will be wonderful too. 6 ft. at a time, how smart is that? VERY!

Jean said...

It's sure nice to see some green in all the brown! The 6 feet rule sounds like a good one. Jean

Deb said...

you have a smart friend! I always seem to try to over do or get upset with myself for not getting more done, I like the 6 ft rule, your garden photos from last year are great!

playsdolls said...

That sounds like a good rule 6 ft. at a time.your garden is looking so wonderful.

Aiyana said...

If I did 6 feet at a time, it would take me close to a year working every day!
Your raised be will add to the beauty of your garden!
Aiyana

Sugarplum Cottage said...

Love those shade loving plants, it looks so relaxing in that area. I'm glad you mentioned the idea of working 6 ft at a time I think I'll have to do that this summer, great idea. Hugs, Rosemarie

Click on OLDER POSTS to see more gardening posts