WOO HOO!

I started this blog to get to know other gardeners and track my own garden's progrss. It is a wonderful way to honor the stewardship I have over my plot of ground I have been blessed with. Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, March 13, 2009

Project Friday - Bird Houses

Thanks to Rose at Sugarplum Cottage for hosting this. Check out http://sugarplumcottage.blogspot.com/ to see the other participants.

Today I am making bird houses - this will be a project I will do for a few days. We still have piles of snow where there were drifts and my gardenshed is snowbound. My sweet friend Betty and I have been talking about making bird houses for our gardens. She lives around the corner from me and she made this one yesterday, I just have to show it off to everyone.
I will post mine as soon as it is made.

9 comments:

Sugarplum Cottage said...

You two have the right idea. I've been wanting to make some too, I guess this is a project I've been putting off. This gives me the incentive to get started on my birdhouse. I love the blue with the bright yellow, that's gonna look real cheerful in your garden. I see you've done some wonderful garden projects. I want you to show us how you put the rock down on your patio. Did you put gravel under it? I love all of it. Thank you for participating in Project Friday. Hugs, Rosemarie

Deb said...

that birdhouse is just too cute

Anonymous said...

Paula,
The birdhouse is sooo Cheerful....It's will be no time for the sweet bird make a home in your garden....Have a wonderful week..kathy

Irma's Rose Cottage said...

What a cute birdhouse. You will need to post a pic of yours when completed.

Hugs :)

Irma

Barbara Jean said...

Cute, Can't wait to see yours!!!

Blessings,
Barbara Jean

Lady Katherine said...

I love your birdhouses! I use to build them, now hubby has does it for he makes a door to clean the house out, for the bluebirds. I love your yard! I opened the page and just wanted to go and sit! I trying to make a place around one of my two trees in my yard, Yours is great! I was going to plant some cannas to help it, hubby does not want the pasture view to be hidden. lol After seen this, I may go to planting! lol

Anonymous said...

Hi Paula~~ I'm a first time visitor. Your garden photos are beautiful. I enjoyed scrolling through them. The dark pink hollyhocks are to die for. Good luck with the birdhouse project. Grace

Unknown said...

That is adorable.

Carla said...

aren't these pretty!?

Click on OLDER POSTS to see more gardening posts