WOO HOO!

I started this blog to get to know other gardeners and track my own garden's progrss. It is a wonderful way to honor the stewardship I have over my plot of ground I have been blessed with. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, June 14, 2010

What's Happening This Week in My Garden



Linking up this week with Bloomin Tuesday and Tuesday Garden Party



First I have to tell you - today June 15th is my Birthday I love my b-day - what a wonderful day to hear from family and friends and get to do anything I want and I the day!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This Week's Projects
Geting another section of our fence done ! WOO HOO My sweetie peeking through.

Working on the edges of the flower beds - it cleans them up so much when the grass is cut away from them. You can see the part done and not done in the picture.

When I do these projects I work on them 6 feet at a time and then come back where I finished up the day before - sometimes I get 6 feet done, sometimes more. But the goal is always at least 6 feet.

~~~~~~~~~~

Today at my house is it mostly yellow and purple.
My Iris are still beautiful.

The Iris are blooming all over my front and back yard. I still have more colors coming but they all bloom at different times here. More Yellow
A little closer up
Pink is starting to bloom! I am hoping to share pink next week.
My Vegetable Garden This Week - The peas and beans


You can see the baby birds, their little beaks are poking up waiting to be fed - I think they are ready to fly away. It has been so much fun to watch them through our window.

They haven't liked it when we use our picnic table.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This week I am thankful for my birthday!

This week plans -

finishing mulching the garden,

finish the edging on my flower beds,

weed again after all the rain,

clean out my garden shed.

Thanks for stopping by.

Hope you have a great week!

17 comments:

Comeca Jones said...

Its not quite your B/Day yet but I do wish you a Happy one!!!! And your garden is beautiful.

Suzanne said...

What an awesome vegetable garden! Your garden beds and all your blooms are gorgeous too.

katrina said...

I love your bird/nest picture! Beautiful gardens too!
Happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! And I love your combination of Purple & Yellow Irises. That is my favorite color combo. Good luck with all the tasks on your list this week. :)

Tracy said...

Happy Birthday! :) Love your irises - very pretty

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Hoping over from Jean's Bloomin' Tuesday link party. Just love your gardens and all their cute accessories. Their like "jewelry" to the gardens. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to check out more of your blog.

Oh, a big Happy Birthday to you as well! :o)

Darlene said...

Hope you have a GREAT birthday. Mine was this past Saturday. June is a great birthday month!!!!

I LOVE all your pictures. Everything looks so pretty and colorful. Great goal of 6 feet at a time whenever you are working. Also, great picture of the nest and mama bird.

Enjoy your birthday.♥

Becca's Dirt said...

Thanks for the reminders on your to-do-list. I need to do the same - weed and edge the beds. It is so hot here though. Veggie garden is coming nicely. I like the yard art you have. Yellows and purples and blues are my colors this year so it seems. Becca

Troy @ I Refuse to Recede said...

Happy Birthday!

I have to ask...

The yellow flowers, the bush, right above your pink... The one you have a close up of... What is that?

It looks just like a plant I got at a plant swap this spring that I have not yet been able to identify.

Nola said...

Hope you have a wonderful birthday! Your garden is looking great, so many vivid colors.

Jean said...

Yellow and purple are such a great combination. I still need to edge some of my gardens, too. Happy Birthday! Jean

Anne said...

Your yard is just beautiful! I love these garden tours! And your vegetables look great as well. Thanks so much for sharing!

Susan said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you get to celebrate in your beautiful gardens!

~~Rhonda said...

Happy birthday, Paula! Your garden (flowers and veggies) is beautiful! I am jealous of your veggie garden. Looks so neat and tidy. Ours...not so much! :-D ~~Rhonda

Melinda said...

Happy birthday! I love you flower gardens!

~TastyTravels~ said...

Happy Birthday!! You have a wonderful garden!!

Sonia said...

Your garden and lawn are just gorgeous! So nice that you have been married for 36 years too!

Miss Bloomers

Click on OLDER POSTS to see more gardening posts