WOO HOO!

I started this blog to get to know other gardeners and track my own garden's progrss. It is a wonderful way to honor the stewardship I have over my plot of ground I have been blessed with. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

It Is September!

Linking up to:
Bloomin Tuesday
Cottage Flora Thursday
Fertilizer Friday
~~~~~~~~~~
Our weather has been so fickle! 
It is  like we are off by a month - July 4th it got warm - about 4 weeks late.  We didn't get our veggie garden in until the middle of June when we usually have it in by mid-May. 

It is acting like it is early August right now. The beans are just coming on, the corn won't be ready for a few more weeks.  The flowers are all late too.  We are all praying we have another month of warm weather so the tomatoes, the corn, the beans and peppers and everything can  ripen.

Since our normal frost time is in the next week or so and I really don't know when it is coming, I thought I would take you on a walk of how it looks now....this is looking out our back door .




This is the side yard where the pond is - everything so filled in and lovely.
This is the veggie garden

 Tomatoes starting to turn
  The peppers are getting big!
 Sunflowers - love their happy faces
  Corn - needs to get a little taller - squash in the background
 My compost bins have been rebuilt and are  starting to function again

  Beans, carrots, peas  and beets starting to grow in the greenhouse.
  This is the herb box
 Looking at the greenhouse from the back end - still have   two more boxes to get ready - it has been so hot and it is brutal in there! 
 This is the backyard looking east
 
  Crab Apples ready!
 Here are a few of the flowers out back:







 ~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for stopping by!
Today I am thankful for seasons - enjoying the lovely weather no matter the season.
Please stop by my fall blog - would love to have you visit!



11 comments:

Carol said...

Your place looks great and I'm so jealous of that green house...I keep promising myself next year...

Darla said...

Hoping you get another month of warmth....

Liz @ Sit With Me In My Garden said...

Your backyard area looks like a nice place to be! Especilly in the evenings..the tree branch wrapped with Christmas lights must add a lot of ambiance! Where di you live that you could have a frost this early? I live in northern Michigan but we won't see a frost quite this early. We have been enjoying corn around here for a few weeks. Those are some monster compost bins you have!

bj said...

OMGosh..I would love a greenhouse.
Your place is so beautiful.
I was going to invite you over but I have such a pitiful show, due to West Texas drought and hot hot hot days...never mind..I'll invite you NEXT year when we are BOUND to have rains. :))
xoxo bj

Kathe said...

I have so jealous of all the space you have to grow! And grow you do!! Your place is just lovely. Thank you for sharing. Followed from Tootsie's :)
Kath

Karen said...

I feel the same way you do about the seasons, it seems like we are a full month behind, too. I'm not ready for fall yet, either.

Love the garden...your sweet corn looks phenomenal. How do you keep the raccoons out? They can be so pesky. I hope the frost stays away as long as possible so you can reap the benefits of your hard work!

Sunray Gardens said...

Your gardens are lovely and those are some impressive veggies. Nice to have the greenhouse also.
Cher Sunray Gardens

GRACE PETERSON said...

You've got quite the lovely gardens. I can't believe how green your grass is. [Compared to my sun-scorched spread.] Love your hoop house and your courtyard. Your flowers are just lovely. I hope you get corn soon.

Tootsie said...

I thank you so much for linking in this week. It is an honor to host Friday's Flaunt and meet new friends and visit the regulars (who are like old friends) who share. I am always excited to tour each post and see the different flowers/ projects and garden art that everyone flaunts. It is a pleasure to tour and see all the gorgeous blooms...and I appreciate each and every link and comment! I hope you will link in again soon!
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´Glenda/Tootsie
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.

cherry said...

you have so much still going love everything..
Happy September & hugs
from Savannah, Cherry

LindyLouMac said...

Despite the strange weather your garden is looking good now. We also had a late arrival of really hot temps here, July heat did not arrive until August and now September is still hotter than normal.

Click on OLDER POSTS to see more gardening posts