WOO HOO!

I started this blog to get to know other gardeners and track my own garden's progrss. It is a wonderful way to honor the stewardship I have over my plot of ground I have been blessed with. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Our Apple Tree's - Aren't They Lovely!

There are three of our apple tree's in bloom right now - I am so glad they bloomed this week and not last or the snow and freezing temps would have killed them. (These tree's can go to 28* without damaging blossoms - it has been colder than that.
This is a picture of the transparent tree - it is loaded - this is the one year - lots of applesauce, pie filling, dried apples, etc. Here is a picture of the blossoms close up - our entire neighborhood smells so sweet!

4 comments:

Darla said...

Apple blooms are so pretty to me! You lucky thing you.

Erin said...

Oh, they're so pretty...our are a few weeks behind yours for sure...

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

How I miss the apple tree's of my girlhood! Our yard was lined with them. I could look out my bedroom window and there they were...every morning.
Your pictures of them are just gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing them.
Mona

Betty said...

I love the way your apple trees look in bloom, just gorgeous!
Thanks for explaining what the new apple tree was like. I feel like I am learning a lot. You have a good variety of fruit trees. Great!

Click on OLDER POSTS to see more gardening posts