WOO HOO!

I started this blog to get to know other gardeners and track my own garden's progrss. It is a wonderful way to honor the stewardship I have over my plot of ground I have been blessed with. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Our Fence is Nearly Done!

We have had a busy yard week - yesterday we worked on a fence. I have been determined to pay cash for this fence. It has taken us 3 years to build it because it is so long. So we have worked on a section at a time and we are nearly done! WOO HOO

**********************
We have one son - poor guy - he is always so good about helping with these kinds of projects. We have had the wood for while and just waiting for the right weather day to put another section up.


My sweetie and son building the fence - we only have to put one more post in! Mitchell got the hole dug for it. We only have about 50 slats left to buy. HOORAY!!! Hopefully we can get them in the next few weeks.

This is the 1/2 point of the length of the fence, this picture was taken when we started working on it last summer. I would take a new picture but it is too cold and snowy out there today. About 3 years ago when we started we planted assorted fruit tree's along where the fence will be. There are assorted cherry, apple, plum and elderberry bushes. This year they are covered in blossoms! I am so excited and so glad we did this several years ago, even though we didn't have the fence yet. This little ditch is one that is used to water the fields down the street from us, so there is water in it about one day out of every week. The water fills up to about 18 inches so there is enough to water the tree's and the kids to play in with innertubes.

No comments:

Click on OLDER POSTS to see more gardening posts